Friday, October 22, 2010

Hardware upgrades

Apparently, Rogers has increased the delay on hardware upgrades from 24 months to 30 months. Almost at the end of the contract. If someone chooses to hardware upgrade at this point that would be another three years added ontop of that.

I luckily was able to get my Galaxy S unlocked and was able to skip out on having to resign. I am just wondering at the end of my contract if I should switch over to Telus or Bell, or even Fido and start to buy my phones outright. But people say that Rogers has the best cell coverage in Canada.

Also on a related tangent, as soon as I got a smartphone I started to use my phone less for calls and more for data. Nali is about the only person I actually talk to on the phone now. I think that's the same for lots of people too. I think people now see their phones as mini computers that just happen to make phone calls.




1 comment: